Seoul's Daehangno district was brimming with visitors on Sunday for the opening of "2023 Welcome Daehakro," the largest domestic performance tourism festival in the country.
The festivities began with a vibrant opening show on the main street, which was closed to traffic for the event. The opening show featured a festive parade of performances from musicals, dance, taekwondo demonstrations and marching bands.
As part of the festival, fringe performances will continue throughout October, with a series of outdoor shows at Marronnier Park on Sunday and on Oct. 27-28. These performances will showcase a diverse range of street arts, including theater, musicals, non-verbal shows, magic and classical music.
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- S.Korea's largest
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty